View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 10, 2007, 3:33 AM

Quote:
I even think Union Station is a little far fetched.
I would agree. Intuitively, it sounds like a recipe for failure to me. Like a contrived "Little Italy", you can't just pull a market out of the hat, stick it in an underutilized train station, and expect masses of people to show up every day. If the train station actually had more than a few passenger trains a day, or incorporated local mass transit options into the station, it would seem more viable to me. The Skidmore area with its history, immediate MAX access, waterfront access, and proximity to the central city where there are tons of people going about their daily routines, sounded like more of a natural fit to me. Number one reason why I won't vote for Potter again is his visionless decision not to move the fire station farther down the waterfront.

I'm glad there's another foodie here. An ex of mine was a local farmers market manager for several years, so I think I intimately understand the need to not put the cart before the horse in this situation. I'm already skeptical of the idea.

MC, by the way, sounds like an even less viable idea. Institutional and out of the way for most people, plus in a dead zone with too many nearby development 'ifs'.

I love hearing people's random ideas though, however farfetched.