View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 17, 2017, 5:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by waves View Post
Dollarton Seabus: I just think that for the route to be successful it would need to terminate at a "destination" not just a location where you must take a bus to go anywhere useful. In that respect, I don't think that going to Belcarra would really be any better since there isn't really anything there except homes. Going direct to Port Moody would connect you with the Evergreen Line straight from Deep Cove, which is a massive advantage.

Assume proportional time for crossing with distance. Waterfront to Lonsdale = 10min with 2.5min off and 2.5min on loading for 3.1km which means 3.2min/km. But this likely is slow due to boat traffic detours and approach and departure accelerations so we can probably go as high as ~2min/km. For 10.9km this means 25min + 5min loading = 30min. From Deep Cove it would be 1h30min currently. From Phibbs it would be 45min or roughly equivilant to what it is now.

Jericho: See this map I made. Also I think a Ambleside-Kits would be a more practical start and finish points for the same reason as Deep Cove-Port Moody.
Port Moody also has large commercial ports where slowdown is necessary.
Not to mention the area isn't really dense, nor really a target area for densification.
Also, the original plan had terminus with the West Coast Express, so
I get your point, though. The entire Inner Burrard Seabus is a pretty low-priority item- I wouldn't expect it to make a profit.

The Ambleside-Kits does seem interesting though, esp. as an alternative to the Lion's Gate crossing.
It would connect directly to the Vancouver Loop Line more directly- and take buses out of the crowded Lion's Gate, and it's much closer to the West Van Town Centre at Park Royal.

Seems like a good plan.