View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 5, 2012, 8:54 PM

Fascinating. Except that all you've done is note that some people felt that way about those things. This is what you originally said: "What pisses me off most about past decsions is that there were people - both citizens and those in the employ of the City - who knew it was the wrong call. Whether we're talking Jackson Square, City Hall, York Blvd, one-way streets or what have you, bs always seems to win out over evidence and reason."

A bit over-the-top. (As was your crankiness.)

"They refused to listen." Strikes me as rather melodramatic. You make it sound like some bureaucratic behemoth ran roughshod over the city, leaving the bewildered and the beleaguered in its wake. And that these 'voices of reason' though loud, were tragically drowned out. I know the truth to be just a little different than that. This is the danger of looking back and imposing current views on something that unfolded in an entirely different time.

"Personally, I feel the onus is on you to discover this 'proof' that you so avidly seek. Happy reading." I've already done my research, but thanks. What I was looking for was a little dialogue, but clearly, you're waaaaaay too attached to how you need things to be framed retroactively. Happy kvetching and kibbitzing.