View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 4, 2012, 3:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harley613 View Post
HAHAHAHA. That blog is just way too funny.

I'm really really really hoping for a Simons...Rideau Centre is a flawless location, it's serviced by STO and Simons holds serious appeal for the younger demographic that frequent Rideau Centre.

I wouldn't be surprised if the space was used as Temp space for certain stores while the expansion proceeds though....
I agree with splitting it and redesigning it. Either it would end up with 3 mid-sized anchors, or a mid-sized and a large anchor (but more like 150,000 square feet instead of 240,000). What could fit in 150,000 square feet? or 2 times about 75,000? Also what fits in 25,000 or so?

4th floor of current Sears: move the Food Court there. Also preserve space there for perhaps an urban supermarket behind the necessary new escalators. There would be no outside access, so it would need to be designed for mall-based movements.

2nd and 3rd floors: Have one or two smaller anchors. Take advantage of the entrances from the Mackenzie King Bridge (3rd) and below ground (2nd) floors.

Another smaller or mid-sized anchor could also open in what is now the food court, fronting Rideau Street.