View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 3, 2016, 10:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bfargo90 View Post

Are you talking about this? In my honest but personal opinion, this has got to be the ugliest piece of architecture I've ever seen, and I would gladly allow Sioux Falls to beat us vertically... to the world's ugliest skyline. We are very fortunate to have companies such as Kilbourne Group that are incredibly thoughtful and tasteful in their design processes.

Yes, I was also hoping to see Block 9 at least be taller than the state capitol (and maybe it will), but I'm sure that they'll at least make it taller than the Radisson, and at least with that we will no longer have to say that the anchor tenant of our tallest building is a hotel.

In addition, there is no doubt that the development of the Block 9 project, as well as the many others taking place now will bring a significant boost to the residential and workforce population downtown, which along with additional parking structures and flood protection measures, is sure to bring increasingly larger developments over time.

I'm perfectly content with things taking their sweet time, as long as we continue to make sound design choices that keep the classy vibe that is second-to-none in downtown Fargo! One colossal, grotesque development could take that away from us.

BTW, I have been following this thread for quite some time and finally decided to register and put in my two cents.
I don't mind the design at all...not what I would have gone with but at least it's something different and not your typical square/rectangle design...

Any who, I do think your right about the Block 9 project attracting future developments...

Sidetrack, Any news on Bismarck's downtown plans? Saw a while back that they were planning some serious renovations to revitalize the core of their city...I'm talking bigger than Fargo and Sioux Falls put together...but I haven't heard anything about it for quite some time, maybe they are taking their time with it considering the size of the project...

BTW, welome to this board! Glad you signed up finally, this board goes quite some time without any action so more the merrier...and also welcome to jayman4426 for taking the leap as well.