View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 29, 2014, 6:49 PM
Homo sapiens sapiens

Behold, the $50M PH & Sky Pool of Foster's Chelsea Condos
Tuesday, April 29, 2014, by Zoe Rosenberg

Quote:
A few renderings and pricing have been revealed for the uppermost penthouse at the Norman Foster-designed 551 West 21st Street. True to the hype, one of the building's three extravagant penthouses will feature a 61-foot-long lap pool as part of its 4,000-square-feet of private outdoor space. The rather rare outdoor amenity is on a terrace overlooking the Hudson River, the Observer has learned. Prospective buyers may find the $50 million penthouse a relative bargain compared to the city's other penthouse-with-private-pool which will ask $100 million at 50 UN Plaza—also designed by Norman Foster.

The West Chelsea storm-proof building's three penthouses will be priced from $35 million, and will all be 6,200-square-foot floor-throughs. The penthouses will feature separate service entrances, dual-sided wood burning fireplaces, an abundance of top-of-the-line appliances, oak herringbone floors, 12-foot ceilings, and of course, loggias. The 19-story building will have 44 apartments in total, priced from $5.75 million. A spokesperson for the development told the Observer that the building, which went on the market on February 28, is nearing 50 percent sold.

~ My Stamford, CT Thread ~~ My Danbury, CT Thread ~