View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 29, 2010, 8:37 AM

Los Angeles' Melrose Avenue

The weather was really nice today (Sunday 3.28.2010) and I decided to take random pictures of my walk down

I assume this billboard has something to do with the recent Persian New Year (Nowrooz).

Worked my way over to the Melrose Trading Post.

Then I started walking down Melrose...

Hmm, Korean food from a truck; I don't know about that.

Moist women...

...and moist men.

Vintage 1970s Dodge complete with vintage 1970s blue California plates, back when the sequence was ###XXX... only 6 characters total back then!

A couple of LAPD officers on their break.

Daaaayam.

Scary tatooed lesbian and her girlfriend.

I've eaten at their Venice location-- Venice, California, that is. I didn't see one in the other Venice.

The Groundlings is an improv troupe based here in LA. My understanding is that it's also an actual standup comedy school. Some of its many notable alumni include Jon Lovitz, Kathy Griffin, Lisa Kudrow and Mike Myers.

Interesting store. They have stuffed animals, animal embryos in jars, animal bones, feathers...

One of several medical marijuana shops on Melrose Ave.

First I heard the sirens. Then I saw two fire trucks pull up. I didn't see any fire, though.

This isn't on Melrose but it's still in Hollywood. It's one of the nicer pet hotels I've seen, at least from the outside.

~ Charles Bukowski

Last edited by sopas ej; Mar 29, 2010 at 3:50 PM.