View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 24, 2019, 6:07 AM
Philly -> Osaka -> Tokyo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jayfar View Post
Human remains discovered at Schuylkill Yards, but developer has a plan | Inquirer.com
Excerpt:
Following a meeting in May with archaeologists, preservationists, representatives from the state and city, and the Religious Society of Friends, Brandywine put together a plan that includes archaeological monitoring of the site and procedures for handling remains should any be discovered.

[Douglas] Mooney, the PAF president, said Friday that Brandywine’s "candor and transparency in sharing information about recent discoveries” should be lauded.

“We believe that this project represents an example of how archaeologists and developers can successfully work together to help protect the city’s many unmarked historic burial grounds and to respectfully recover and relocate the remains," he said.
There used to be a Quaker graveyard there? That's the only reason I can think of that the Religious Society of Friends (i.e. the Quakers) are involved.

Who knows but that, on the lower levels, I speak for you?’ (Ralph Ellison, Invisible Man)