View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 11, 2019, 12:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NYguy View Post
People didn't love the original Twin Towers of the WTC because they were great designs. They were hardly that. There was a public relationship with the buildings, as there will be here. Furthermore, we have not seen design details of this tower, especially on the 52nd Street side where most of the tower will be based. It will be a modern Citicorp, without the slanted roof. The transition at the top needs more work, as I'm sure it will get. It's a flat topped tower, the kind I don't like to dominate the skyline, but so many people on this forum seem to prefer. But I don't look at it as the ultimate crowning skyscraper, much as I didn't see 432 Park as that either, so its acceptable.
Well a lot of people didn't love the Twin Towers period-until they were destroyed that is. I did not like them, especially after visiting them in person. Citicorp was and is great, but Tower Fifth and that 15 Penn are awful.

Tower Fifth would be all right if it did not have the jenga at the top, or if the jenga was symmetrical and then there was a taper above that. It would just blend into the rest as 432 Park has now that the other supertalls have come up. JMHO of course. And Amanda Burden will forever remain unforgiven for chopping 150 feet off of Tower Verre. It should be taller with everything coming up now!