View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 6, 2009, 7:08 AM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by TallMark View Post
No one can. The bloody façade is downright cheap and ugly. The owners of the building know that too, that is why they have hired Smith & Gill to get rid of it and surface the building with something grand and noteworthy. There is really no need for any response. It is a settled issue, and in time it will be fixed. Just find out what Smith & Gill are going to replace the cheap blackish glass with.
Its not cheep though, if I recall this tower was actually built with some of the higher quality materials available at the time. From what I've heard the Sears was of a pretty high construction standard, especially considering its age. I live in a building that was finished about a year before the Sears and is made of the exact same materials (black anodized aluminum and glass) and I can tell you our facade is much much cheaper. The aluminum is buckling and wavy in places and even losing its anodization in a few areas. Sears does not have a cheep facade...

BTW the glass is not "blackish" in any way, you must not have looked very carefully because the glass is clearly bronze, the aluminum is black.