View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 29, 2012, 10:06 PM
Cat Enthusiast

Well, since the Alabama Highway and Roads thread has apparently been removed, I figured I'd just used this thread, as always, for updates on highway construction in Alabama that I've noticed. Feel free to comment with any other updates that I've not listed.

Birmingham area

I-22/I-65/US 31 Interchange

I most recently saw this one a few days ago on my way back to Tuscaloosa from Decatur. It's looking pretty bad ass. I'd say that the primary structures of the flyovers are about 40 to 50% completed, maybe someone will better knowledge of interchange construction can give us a better idea of the timetable. Anyways, it's all coming along pretty well, and it even looks like they're starting to dig in for the connections to the US 31/I-65 junction just north of the construction site.

I-20/59 Resurfacing and Cross-over Prevention Walls west of Fairfield

Completed

That's all I really have for Birmingham, I don't make it over there much these days.

Huntsville-Decatur area

Decatur - Beltline Road widening - Phase III

Phase III (final phase) to widen Beltline Road from 4 lanes to 6 has begun between Danville Rd and 6th Ave (US 31). Once this phase is complete, the road will be 6 lanes from AL 20/ALT US 72 near the river all the way to 6th Ave (US 31). This phase should take another year or two.

Middle of nowhere

US 82 Centreville bypass

Appears like everything has been planed from the end of the US 82 4 lanes between Centreville and Brent, dunno how long it will take for everything to be paved, though.

Sadly, that's all I got... the life of a grad student doesn't provide many opportunities to venture out and check on stuff. Anyways, anyone has any other updates, please let us know!