View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 22, 2014, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
I'm glad to see Galway has it's own thread. Given the size of this project, it certainly warrants one.
Given the size of development there may need to be more than one thread on this eventually

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmemeadusjr View Post
I really hope this development will be unique and different. Some of the things I would like to see are mature trees planted in all areas of the development whether it be the residential, commercial or industrial sections. I would also like to see the wires buried. This was done in parts of St. John's and Mount Pearl in the 70's and eventually given up in favour of running the electrical, telephone and cable wires on back of homes instead. This still looks like a mess to me and is not very aesthetically pleasing. Most cities in other parts of Canada are required to bury all utilities in newer areas. Only here in Newfoundland have we taken a step backwards. Remaining on the utility topic, I would like to see some unique lighting such as lamp posts and the use of LED lighting. Pleasantville now has LED lighting as part of it's re-development. The new light poles they are attached too are also on concrete bases which will keep them from tilting and bending over time because of wind, ground settlement and snow plow damage.
I like all these ideas Would especially love the planting of mature trees considering how many of the new developments have NO trees, let alone something that'll take a few years to grow.