View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 8, 2017, 4:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SkahHigh View Post
... everyone says that about their own city though. Really I think the only canadian city that stands a chance is Toronto, and it's a slim one.

Let's not kid ourselves. Imagine the political clusterf*ck if an American company moves it's second headquarters to Canada. Amazon is private but like others said, some politicians just won't let that happen.
Like I said, it depends on what Amazon is looking for. If they need a lot of office space Calgary can deliver that a lot better than just about any city and do it cheaply at the moment. Some of you are way too focused on Toronto as if it's the only city in the country. Based on the thinking of a lot of people in this group you never would have pictured Seattle being the headquarters for Amazon, Microsoft, etc.

As for politicians not letting it happen, we're talking about America not Canada. Bezos is going to do what is best for the company not for Trump. I wouldn't be surprised one bit if their second headquarters is located outside of America but it likely won't be Canada.