View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 12, 2016, 5:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Guess what?

Delayed for two months while staff do more work. Why, you ask?

VIEW PLANES!

Well, they don't actually exist in law. But condo owners in behind this site on Bedros Lane have a view of the Basin at present, which may or may not go away if this is built as designed. So staff are being asked to determine how much of their view will disappear.

Read it and weep, here: http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-s...ondo-1.3399288

All together now, on three: "It's TOO TALL!!!"

Honestly I don't know why they are surprised. I've noticed on several occasions condo buildings or other dwellings that had a great view when they were built only to have something built in front of it after the fact. It's the way it goes when you live in a city. I've often thought it's actually planned that way to sell the earlier built places easier, with the buyers thinking that they will have this great view (or greenbelt behind their home...) only to have it not turn out the way they thought it would.

In this case I think it is ridiculous, especially since Bedros Lane condos will still have some view of the Bedford Basin or further up towards the bridges. There may be a few units that lose a significant part of their view, but really, did they think the Bluenose Motel was going to be there forever?

I really don't think they should have a leg to stand on, in this case.