View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 2, 2013, 8:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozone View Post
- W.Burg if I recall that's exactly what I suggested a couple of years ago and you dismissed it. Glad to see you are coming around to my way of thinking.

I challenge the propaganda that rail lines create denser development. How is that the case in Sacramento? We've had light rail since 1987, 26 years and hardly any infill around the stations. I call it light-fail.
I guess there is no problem with LRT, there is problem with the suburbs. In my opinion around every station we have to build retail and residential buildings to develop more efficient and quality living, thats what they trying to do in many european cities, even in bay area. Problem is that people in rancho cordova or folsom would NEVER like that kind of development. Once you ride RT gold line, look at people on every station from rosemont to folsom, everyone quickly jumping in their cars on the RT parking lots and driving to their favorite suburban mchouses. These people are not willing to live in developed areas, most of them riding PT just because of packed 50. So all tax money that go to these projects is just WASTE. Root of the problem is that many people in Sacramento thinking too much about suburbs. Im pretty sure that streetcar in midtown connecting to sacstate and medical center would be much better and would really make city more vibrant and thriving. Instead, everybody thinking about natomas and elkgrove....