View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 1, 2010, 3:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brandon716 View Post
^^^The comparison to Buckhead is slightly humorous, albeit interesting. Buckhead is an extension of downtown and midtown Atlanta, and its more like office park buildings and condos in a forest.

North York City Centre has as many buildings as the entire central core of Atlanta alone (downtown, midtown, buckhick combined) and its 8 miles north of Toronto's skyline. The central core of NYCC is very urban, and while it follows Yonge St its actually a very urban corridor that spans out a few blocks. I would argue that NYCC is as attractive as downtown Atlanta and is equally as urban (if not more) and is actually far more livable, yet its not part of the immediate Toronto urban central core.

In regards to the earlier discussion about someone saying its just a suburb, I agree, there isn't really a comparison in the US. I've been all over the US.. From Rosslyn across from Georgetown in DC to Bellevue in Seattle, the office parks around the SF Bay area. Jersey City... There really aren't many American comparisons to make. Canada simply builds cities differently. Rosslyn is nice, but its a joke compared to NYCC. Its truly a city onto itself.
atlanta/buckhead is pound for pound bigger then toronto. toronto has a bigger skyline because its the biggest city in canada.
if atlanta was the states biggest, fuck...it would have a cluster fuck of a skyline!