View Single Post
Old Posted May 15, 2017, 8:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DNR View Post
Yes, it is understand that the Porsche Headquarters and the adjoining track facility are not involved in sales directly ( only indirectly ).
However, the projected goal of the “Porsche Driving Experience Center” is to give the individual the ultimate driving experience, which in all likelihood, will increase the probability of future sales and retain the existing owner base . However, these facilities are squeezed between an airport runway, rail road tracks and across the street from a McDonalds & Wendy’s – not the most desirable location for making the best impression.
The setting in which these facilities are located is certainly less than ideal aesthetically speaking - but apparently more than ideal financially speaking for Porsche and Solis (through incentives). My point was that these structures seem out-of-place in this location and would seem to be better suited in a less industrial or heavy commercial setting.
I think its actually in a pretty cool and interesting location. Driving while you see planes landing and taking off is a great feel in my opinion, kind of unique, reminds me of some video games. The fact that its right next to the airport makes it a great and convenient location for people flying in.. And now that the hotel is almost open the location is even getting more desirable. On the contrary building it somewhere far away and in the middle of nowhere like road Atlanta is, is not very unique to Metro Atlanta. Road Atlanta and Atlanta Motor Speedway are both far from the city center, Porsche is not. The hotel and Porsche HQ are both just one part of the Aerotropolis vision, there is still more to come in the surrounding area in the near future, the location is only getting more attractive, and unique.