View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 28, 2019, 1:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by benp View Post
Ha!

You made me look! There are places called Buffalo in at least 3 other countries (not NZ or Kenya, but Australia and South Africa though) and over 20 US States - but I was acting out of habit I guess when referring to the region, as it is on the US-Canada border and I sometimes reference places on both sides. There are plenty of Canadian flags on the US side, so it may not always be obvious which side of the border the photos were taken.

I also once had a responder who asked where my pictures of New York City were, as they assumed I meant both cities when I listed Buffalo, New York.

But yes, I was redundant for people who know US states.

IMG_20190812_102514967_HDR
by bpawlik, on Flickr

Version 2
by bpawlik, on Flickr
Excuse my why NZ or Kenya thing cuz I was just messing with you.

I was living in Austraia for some years, yea, but, I googled Buffalo Australia and that's what I got: water buffalo in australia - water buffalo were imported to Australia in the 19th century to supply meat to remote northern settlements.

I strongly believe the hypothetically-existing village or town of Buffalo Australia has no more than 100 inhabitants, maybe even less than 30 or 20. or a suburban area.

Also I admire the "responder who asked where my pictures of New York City were", I admire his instinctive thinking, you know I never expected a NYC from Buffalo, New York, I may know US too well, skyscraperwise, citynamewise, cityscapewise. I also never thought some one was bored enough to "bike" and "hike" from Buffalo to NYC..

Last edited by Murphy de la Sucre; Aug 28, 2019 at 7:26 AM.