View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 28, 2017, 4:44 PM
somewhere in-between

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMich View Post
In fact, if there is anything wrong with the planning in the area is that it should have allowed more higher density residential to save even more of the open space. Walden Woods goes according to the plans, but it's kind of a suburban waste of perfectly space. So the NIMBYs down in Arcadia are actually hurting themselves with their demands in the end.
^ I think this is probably the biggest sore spot for nearby residents, who were under the impression that the 'open space' would be a large, contiguous area (I think 40 acres), fully accessible by the neighborhood for passive recreation activities. When Walden Woods came about, it provided for ample open space, but that space was spread out between the condos, and is technically not publically accessible to folks who aren't residents of the development. That said, there's not really any security features stopping someone who doesn't live there from going for a walk, jog, etc. through the development. But I think you're right that if the development was higher densidty there would have been a greater probability of more public open space. There's also a public trail that runs parallel to the Parkway.