View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 16, 2012, 3:15 AM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Nice pictures. I've been to London a couple of times but pretty much only saw the downtown and whatever I happened to pass through on the way there. It's interesting to go east to west in Ontario and see the transition basically from Quebec-style architecture to Midwestern US architecture, with some Ontario-specific styles overlaid on top.

One thing that's weird about London is that it has some very wide streets and large blocks downtown. I don't know if that's how it was laid out or if old blocks were consolidated and roads were widened.

Quote:
Originally Posted by xzmattzx View Post
I am, as always. Since we're on the topic, what are your favorite neighborhoods in the Canadian mid-sized cities (meaning cities smaller than the NHL/former NHL/CFL markets)? You've been great at showing various places in these cities, like this thread and others for London like Woodfield and Talbot, and then some neighborhoods like Cathderal and the Warehouse District in Regina, or the North End in Halifax. Do you have any other places in cities like this that you plan on exploring?
Regina actually has a CFL team, and Halifax technically had one for a period in the 80's (maybe London's had one before too -- no idea). The CFL is not on the same scale as the NHL or NFL.