View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 12, 2018, 3:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kolchak View Post
That Chinese signage was Wanda. Now that they have sold the development it'll go away.

But it raises the question of when will we see a hotel brand sign on to this project. I imagine in the not too distant future. Hopefully they will keep the style of the sign similar - it looks cool.
They have mocked up the hotel in the sales suite and were already framing the hotel. Certainly the new owner could throw out all that interior design, but have to assume a new brand will mostly inherit the hotel interior, at least framing (so size of keys, etc).

That may be a limiting factor. The hotel mock up is a very Chinese-aesthetic and pretty high end. Reminds me of Asian hotels in general.

It could be popular, just requires the right brand. And I am not sure how comfortable brands like Mandarin Oriental are inheriting a design. I think about how JW Marriott took over the Philippe Starck hotel at South Beach in Singapore. A wholly unimpressive and overly complicated hotel design that clearly doesnt follow any of JW Marriott's typical design standards.