View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 23, 2013, 4:55 PM

Bringing an overview of the first results of a masterplan called Ginko - or Berge du Lac due to it's location on a bank of the artificial lake they've built there a pretty long while ago, in a northern area of the city - that they're currently implementing. It covers roughly 70 acres of land, mostly residential and developed in the fashion of an "éco-quartier". That means it's entirely built in the contemporary codes of bioclimatic architecture, decidedly energy-efficient, thus supposedly environmentally friendly. Everything built throughout the country has to be bioclimatic nowadays anyway.

The masterplan is to build some 1500+ homes, a third of them being social housing, the rest for sale at market rate. In other words, the neighborhood implements the down ass strategy to not leave the working class stuck in nasty social ghettos, which is fine.

First, a pretty large lot called Canopée.

Looking closer at details, the older picture to the right let me realize that these buildings also show some walls cladded in white bricks.

From the other side of the lot. I think the smaller components in the wooden cladding are some sort of attached single-family homes.

Cool use of wood they made to these buildings. It kind of reminds of ski resorts in the Alps, that's pleasant. Though they were still working on it, the finishes already seemed properly done. Renderings of the interiors.

http://www.bouygues-immobilier.com/p...1-ilot-canopee

Well, prices are yet quite interesting in Bordeaux! It still allows you this comfy standard for €245 to 365k. These are prices I saw for some 4/5-room apartments. Mah, that is just unreal seen from Paris. I don't think that'll be forever over there. Got that feeling that the better deals are right now before the whole metro area gets overpriced.

Canopée's the most recognizable lot to me for now. They've yet built more, at least partially.

Below's along a little channel they dug in the neighborhood.

The grey building to the right is social housing. Don't like it, they could've done better.

Below belongs to a lot named after St Exupéry.

There's more of single-family with a darker wooden cladding.

To the other side of the little pedestrian path:

Still over/around St Exupéry.

Lot Elya facing Canopée with a garden in between, I think:

More wooden looking attached single-family.

Still a mess of construction all over the site. A few more views of the overall thing at random.

I think that's just about it for now. There's a lot more, a couple of subsequent phases to come. The resulting area will be served by the tram network. I'll be watching what they build.

All picures above by amart - thanks to him for his frequent updates in the Bordeaux subforum of pss-archi.eu, that's much appreciated - hosted on hostingpics.net.

Otherwise, they've hardly got the work started on Bassins à flot that I mentioned earlier. That's yet something else. 5000 homes, a 5 times larger area than that above. It won't be complete before 2025. Now if you ever went to Bordeaux, you might get a little bit further into wines as well as in bad French food, somehow. Bassins à flot located on the left bank of the Garonne river will be served by the new bridge seen at the beginning of this thread and will feature the centre culturel et touristique du vin (cultural and tourist center of wine), a museum to promote the best known trait of the local culture, history and economy. The wine industry.

Designed by X-Tu, a Parisian firm. They've just begun to build this thing last month.