View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 17, 2019, 4:09 AM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesinclair View Post
How is the roadway round it working? I am skeptical that a shared space can work in NYC
It'll work. It can be opened and closed as need be, it's almost unnoticeable. It wasn't open today, but if you know it's there, you'll see it. I don't think it will be open to typical NY traffic. Anyway, the plaza itself I think is the most surprising. Still a lot of work to be done there, but for the most part, you can see how it fits. The space is VERY generous, and you can easily see growing crowds there. It has sort of a WTC/amusement park feel to it (especially inside the mall with the advertisements and directions to the observation deck). But New York definitely has it's new Rockefeller Center. Still a whole lot to be built over on the west side, but I'm pleased to see where this is going. Next week I'll get a change to actually climb this thing. Today I was content to watch everyone else.

MARCH 16, 2019

A very cold and windy day...

Video Link

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.