View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 31, 2012, 2:17 AM

Ironically TIF paid for a big portion of that Target complex and obviously that Wilson station is going to be paid for with tax dollars.

What you are bragging about as good is paid for partially with TIF - WIlson Yards. Just like the Sedwick. You want Wilson Yards like it was a few years ago? Hence Montrose and Clarendon.

Uptown can't pick and choose at this point.

give it a few years? Without judgement on my part but Uptown is different than Lakeview to the South, Edgewater to the north and whatever is to the west, with the numbers of Section 8 and other government programs for housing and social services. Don't take that as a political commentary on my part please, just stating. The City is not going to turn over real estate to make a profit for development whether you like it or not. You know that and I do. Without this Sedwick development the best that can be hoped for is to keep the fencing up and intact around that huge empty ugly building and complex. No one is going to magically come in and propose some all private development that meets criteria. Uptown or that area of Uptown needs help.