Nice dig. Worthless comment.

White House Down: Pretending to be Washighton DC
Blade: Pretending to be Los Angeles
The Notebook: Pretending to be Europe
Batman & Robin: Pretending to be Gotham
The Day After Tomorrow: Pretending to be New York City
Orphan: Pretending to be New England
get Smart: Pretending to be Moscow

I could go on. Standing in for another city is not a negative but a positive. It shows you have a very successful film industry. It's a great video and it's funny to see who is excited about the American TV shout outs. Remember this when you go to bash another city for wanting to be more American. Kind of like what you did in your comment. Yay Friends pretended to be here.......LOL.
Dear 30 watt bulb,

There's nothing wrong with standing in for another city in films IF you counterbalance that by creating your own films - that people actually watch.

And that's the problem with English Canadian cinema - no English Canadians are aware that such a thing even exists.

I blame Toronto! (our so-called "Cultural Capital")

There has been much written about the dichotomy between the largely failed Canadian film industry and the hugely popular (within QC and occasionally without - though never in 'bilingual' ROC) Québec film industry. Why do Canadians shun their own movies and yet QCers embrace theirs?

I blame Toronto! (Cultural Capital!)

You always walk a line in QC. Canadians will only pay attention if you make a video that is rife with American Affirmation - so you make one. Francophone QCers will not be aware of most of the shows, movies being referenced and therefore come to the conclusion that "Well I have no idea what that was about but they said "Montreal" a lot so, cool!.

Show a video that highlights the best of QC cinema and QCers will love it! The rest of Canada? WTF is this French shit?

My convoluted point is: Canadians will pay attention to Montreal being referenced in American TV shows, movies - that will earn their respect; they will pay no attention whatsoever to the excellent films being produced here.

I believe that's why the the video was made - to appeal to Canadians who so crave and respect American Affirmation.