View Single Post
Old Posted May 21, 2009, 9:40 PM
International

Ha, thanks guys!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jibba View Post
Damn, SF is just the city for your style. Bright colors, beautiful streets, people everywhere--you captured it all so vividly. Congrats on the new hood, I'm definitely jealous.
Hardly. Most of SF is way too sterile, yuppified and gentrified for my tastes. Huge swaths of the city come off as tame and even a bit prefabricated; definitely homogeneous.

I'd take some real, down to earth people over the classist, overprententious yuppies/hipsters and associated faux liberals anyday.

Montreal, Berlin, NYC and Buenos Aires are the only cities I feel are truly cut out for me.

read: http://devanwells.blogspot.com/2009/05/sf-yo.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by dktshb View Post
Another most interesting thread! The people in SF look the same as they do down here in LA but the urban street scene is unmatched. I love the way you captured all the vibrant colors of the neighborhoods. I will have to remember to come over to the N thru z city photos more often. I have a habit of not checking them out so I miss all the great cities like SF. I really wish all the city photos could all be combined into one area again.
LOL, they do not! SF's people remind me most of the types you'd find on the Westside and recently gentrified locales such as Silverlake (near the reservoir and Gelsons's/Trader Joes) -- hardly emblematic of the city as a whole. Also, how the people in SF look the same as us in LA is beyond me. How can the people of SF look the same as us Angelinos when LA is 60+ % Hispanic, lol? By contrast, SF is far more uniformly white; make that, white & upscale.