View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 25, 2008, 10:12 AM

Great shots all the way around.

Mark Cuban was right tho. The river does look like $hit.

I know they've spent a lot of money to buy a trash sweeper boat to sweep the cigarette butts out of the river each morning (which they named after Mayor Hardberger's wife, a backhanded compliment at best - but made more creepy as she was the most famous survivor of the 1956 Andrea Doria maritime disaster. See her wikipedia entry at http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Linda_Morgan), and have a new UV channel the water flows through to kill off some of the bacteria. But still, cant Cheryl call up the zoo and get them to keep the hippos from crapin in the headwaters? I find it curious that it SAWS likes to blame 'stormwater runoff' as a culprit. This is the 210 we're talking about. It never rains here. Before this month we'd gone what, seven months without any real rain? That must be some hell of a runoff to keep the river dirty for seven months.

Of course if it was Caribbean clear, you'd just see the concrete bottom. I guess with it being murky, it allows the turistas the illusion that it's more than three feet deep.

I once saw a comedian at the river center comedy club talking about the river. He complimented us on it, but said he had just discovered that it was only a few feet deep and it could be drained (as is done yearly for maintenance). He then said that where he came from, something a few feet deep and drainable is called a bathtub. lol.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.