View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2019, 9:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elly63 View Post
My issue is the stupidity of a Canadian network that would rather spend money on a foreign product and grow it as a property than grow a domestic product.

The worst case is the showing of NCAA hockey games with, not the big programs like UMass, Denver, UMD etc, but schools that most USports programs could beat. Why would you do that and create a self fulfilling prophecy of growing that over a homegrown product.
And a certain type of person in this country is so ignorant of the calibre of these programs that they lap it up like gruel in Oliver Twist's workhouse just because it emanates from the once great USA. I just don't get it.
I whole heartedly agree with the bolded above. Outside the NHL/AHL, USports hockey is the next best hockey in the country, except perhaps during Memorial Cup. A majority of the USports hockey players are former CHLers. There is certainly no disrespect to the CHL in any way, it does produce a majority of the World's top talent, but as I say USports are CHL graduates who are bigger/stronger/faster and more experienced... Saying that, it doesn't necessarily just sit with the media for not covering USports, I'd lay blame on the schools themselves. I cannot understand why the schools don't market their product at all. Especially to students of the schools. It is an entertaining product, and with a shorter season, there are lots of rivalries.