View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 8, 2007, 11:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wburg View Post
Sac State's campus is like a microcosm of sprawl: placed at the edge of town, not at its heart, with lots of low-slung buildings of relatively uninspired design. I mean, it's a fine school, (I'm a student there) but jeez, it's a task to cross from one end to the other! Now, I know there are larger university campuses, but CSUS is so large it's almost unwalkable.
From my experiences at other campuses comparable to CSUS in enrollment, I find it to be fairly walkable. At a brisk pace I could get across one side to another in about 15 minutes. As for its location Sac state is only 60 years old so its not like there were huge swaths of land in downtown on the cheap back when it was being planned like many of the older universities back east or in the midwest. Your right about the uninspired design. The original buildings on campus look like they were built for about as cheap as possible. Sac city college looks upscale by comparision. It's hard to believe that the area has only had a 4 year university for 60 years. What the heck happened? Talk about your brain drain. Hmmm.. no wonder we have zero fortune 500 companies in the area.