View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 19, 2017, 2:41 AM
Posh

Europe 1957-58, by my father

This is a follow-up to my thread showcasing old photos of Boston, taken by my father.

In the late 50's my father was in the Army, and was stationed in Germany for some time. It would appear he took the opportunity to do a bit of sight-seeing while he was there, and took some pics. I'll throw in some of his Army pics too, just for the heck of it.

Most of these are from 1957, with a few of the Army pics taken in 1958 (mostly early in '58 judging by the winter scenes). I'll put all these Europe pics in an album at my Flickr account here:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/138263...57686336797950

Thanks to MonkeyRonin's suggestion in the Boston thread, I started up my old computer that had a copy of Photoshop on it and played around with the auto-color tool. I also started playing with the auto-level and color levels, contrast and some other tools to fix the ones that had turned red (which were numerous). Most of them I got pretty good, but there were a few that were so far gone there wasn't much I could do; fixing one color messed up another color, and so on. Later on I might even re-visit the Boston photos and really spiff 'em up good.

I won't post all at once, there's about 120 of them. While I'll group them by city/geographical location, otherwise they're in no particular order.

I'll start with London. As in the Boston thread, captions are by my father, some may be incorrect for all I know.

Westminster Abbey

Trafalger Square

St Pauls Cathedral

South from St Pauls

Last edited by James Bond Agent 007; Sep 19, 2017 at 3:02 AM.