View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 14, 2013, 8:50 PM

Great pictures!! Have you ever considered looking in to what it would take to publish a book of your collection of photos?? A few months back I was looking for a photo book of Calgary to send to my girlfriend's parents in Ottawa so they could get a sense of what Calgary is all about. There are only a small handful of books that actually feature the city and don't focus on the Rocky Mountains. Out of the books that focus on Calgary most feature photos that are rather out of date (the old Devonian Gardens for example). We eventually settled on one book called "Calgary: The Energy Capital of Canada". It featured some nice photos and nice little write ups about the city but also had pages of just random condo towers in Eau Claire... almost to say "Calgary: we have high rise condos". Anyways, long story short, the majority of the photos in this thread far out shine most of the photos in the book we bought. You can tell you have an artistic eye and a real love of the city. There are one or two other resident photographers on skyscraper page that also manage to take stunning photos of Calgary on a regular basis. If you could find a way to combine your photography skills with some brief write-ups about the city and find a local publisher I would be more than happy to buy multiple copies of the resulting book to send to my friends and family abroad. Food for thought as I think you really have the skillset to blow the existing books out of the water.