View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 5, 2012, 11:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BnaBreaker View Post
I guess I never really figured out whether or not the parking lot was in the front or the back. Which is it going to be? A large parking lot would suck, but if the store was built up to the street, it would at least still be promoting the pedestrian friendly nature of the neighborhood to some degree. But for the nicely developing street wall to go from shops built up to the street on one block, to the next store front being behind hundreds of feet of blank asphalt on the next block, would be horrible for the neighborhood.
From what I understand from the plans that were presented (and I unfortunately didn't attend any meetings, though I have talked to the developer about other things)... the building will be turned so that one side actually does face the street. In other words, the building will be facing north with the parking lot situated on that side (and the street running parallel to both). I suppose it's better than nothing but a sea of asphalt adjacent to the street, but to me it's the definition of a token gesture to people that wanted to see something more urban-friendly.