Old Posted May 3, 2018, 5:40 PM
FYHA

http://www.wacotrib.com/news/busines...7e889f0dd.html

Quote:
East Waco property sold to hotel developer
By MIKE COPELAND
mcopeland@wacotrib.com
Mar 10, 2018

A hotel developer has bought a 9.6-acre tract in East Waco near downtown, Lake Brazos and Interstate 35, where it reportedly will build two new hotels.

The area roughly bounded by Bridge and Taylor streets and South Martin Luther King Jr. Boulevard will become home to a hotel “with a concept similar to Indigo,” and a second hotel “that will cater to those with an interest in health and fitness,” said Megan Henderson, executive director of City Center Waco, which promotes progress downtown.

Henderson said the developer who built Hotel Indigo downtown bought the East Waco land but she is not authorized to name the hotel brands involved in this project.

“I have discussed the project with those involved, and I’m excited. I look forward to its completion,” she said.

KB Hotels, which developed the Hotel Indigo in Waco, has previously announced interest in opening a 170-room Cambria Hotel near Baylor University, but a spokeswoman with the local Indigo declined to comment on whether the recent land sale is part of that plan.