View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 9, 2014, 6:59 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayPro View Post
I'm saying that affordable housing trends as evinced by Larry's latest West Side foray seems to show me that the nature of the housing project seems directly proportional to the needs of the potential occupants.
I tried to argue in my last post that folks who really don't have that much money compared to those living along 57th really aren't going to be sticklers for what their new home looks like.
If the primary residential occupants of this tower fall under the "affordable housing candidate" category, then IMO there's no sense in making this look like a vertical interpretation of the Taj Mahal.
So in a way, yes: I'm suggesting that the earning level of tenants in this building has at least something to do with it. By extrapolation, it could be said that the frills we see in this tower are a nod to the status of Nordstrom's. After all, what corporate entity doesn't actually want its center of operations to look the part?
Is it official that there is affordable housing in this tower? Otherwise, your argument seems specious.