View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 24, 2018, 5:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CherryCreek View Post
The Giambrocco site in Rino at 3600 Wynkoop has flipped. New owners say there are no present plans to re-develop.

https://businessden.com/2018/04/23/r...b268-148029773

That's a good reminder that during these boom cycles so much gets thrown against the wall to see what will stick. But a lot never gets developed.

Someday.

Here's the previously (now obsolete) released plans.

I hate to say it but Giambrocco and WTC were both extremely low probability. Both projects were proposed by groups with little to no development background that seemed to value concept more that practicality (sorry but you cannot have active train tracks running through the middle of your pedestrian oriented space). I think these individuals bit off a lot more than they could chew. There are very few firms in town that could handle projects like these. The Drivetrain project on Brighton (if anyone remembers that) was the same story. "Developers" with little experience thinking they could do a $100 million project.

While I like the ambition, I think it taints the market. It shows a false flag that the market cannot handle these types of projects which is in no way true. Rather, the developer cannot hand these types of projects.