View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2011, 6:31 AM

Ah forgot about those, I added them to the list.

Both those towers are really iffy though. Book has barely any news and it's often included and news stories about the general area. "Developers looking to Detroit with Book Tower as an option" or something like that. David Scott is actually being used, but not by a whole lot. From what I hear, there are were offices within the building...but it wouldn't be more than 10 or 15% of the building occupied. Currently there's a SkyBar on the first floor (that's some good irony), and they're in the process of / already renovated the top floors.

http://www.modeldmedia.com/devnews/s...ahl061411.aspx

There was also news of the Free Press building being converted into condos, but not much has happened around that end.

So I dunno. I guess they're the hidden ghosts of Detroit's skyscrapers shrouded in mystery.

Personally, what I really want to see is a brand new tower or complex. It'll most likely be residential with lots of mixed use, but Detroit has lots of space for modest sized residential towers and I hope that these spaces gets put to some good use.