View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 29, 2007, 9:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSofA04 View Post
And they would have mine except I graduated. My wife currently goes there, so I marked it down on my calendar to make sure she votes on "ASAP".

Thank you for giving us the link to the athletic video. It's important that this vote gets approved because regardless of your degree, universities as a whole are unfairly judged by athletics. I'm all about building equity in my degree, as should everyone who attended/graduated from UTSA.

If this vote gets approved, they will be moving out of the Southland Conference (thank god). My best guess is that Conference USA would be a logical destination, seeing that we are not competitive enough for any one of the 6 major athletic conferences, including the Big 12. But we need this vote peeps, San Antonio is the ONLY major U.S. city without a Division I collegiate football team. It's embarassing and long overdo.
Yeah, I've heard that C-USA would be the destination conference. Southland is a shithole.

That rendering with the garage always confused the hell outta me, because the present garage is only 2 stories, and Laurel Village was supposed to be across the street from where it is now. So when they released the rendering, they did so without explanation (cause OFPD likes to half-ass it like that) and I kept thinking it was a really crappy drawing of Chisholm. It was only two months later that I read in the Paisano that it was the garage I was looking at.

There has been discussion of expanding the two-story garage, but the un-sourced information posted here specifically called the garage a "South-Campus Parking Garage". The existing garage in question is decidedly on the north half of campus. It's actually one of the northern-most structures on that campus, so I am all confused, as usual.

The other key to deciphering OFPD groundbreakings is to add six months to ANY project when they first announce the beginning of a project.

And Yeah, texboy you're right. I've figured out that I am one of about 14 people on that campus who give a shit about construction and stuff. I'd think more people would take an interest, especially when they are in their cars hunting for spots taken up by all the projects. Not me tho. Got my garage permit for the second year in a row. No hunting for me. Best $260 I ever paid.
"We marched five leagues over a fine country with broad plains, the most beautiful in all of New Spain. We camped on the banks of an arroyo. This I called San Antonio de Padua, because we reached it on the day of his festival." - General Domingo Teran de los Rios, June 13, 1691, in a letter to the King of Spain on the occasion of the founding of San Antonio.