View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 26, 2012, 6:03 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don098 View Post
That makes no sense...why would Silverstein buy most or all of the steel he needs to build this building without erecting it? First of all, where would he get that money? The banks aren't financing this until there's a tenant. And secondly, even if he told the steel company to proceed with the entire steel order, what incentive does he have to wait until he's secured a tenant? It would be in his interest to get that building up as fast as he could to lure some of these big tenants whose contracts run out in the next few years...

There is no news in my book until a credible news source reports that an agreement has been reached with an anchor tenant. Until then, it's a rumor, and it's not worth getting excited about.

This....to use trendy 'Net lingo.

I'm tending to believe that the recipient of the information we're talking about might not have gotten his facts 100% straight. Don098's logic seems to blow the claim(s) that ha(s/ve) been made sky high.

I'm cool with waiting for some authentication, tho. Beats the shit out of nothing to report, I say.