View Single Post
Old Posted Feb 26, 2008, 9:10 AM
Robotic Construction

It's officially a green light on the 43-story, Two Tabor Center! Denver's skyscraper boom continues with this Class AA, 43-story, 837,000 sf office building!

Two Tabor Center should begin construction by June or July and join the 32-story One Lincoln Park (residential), 41-story Spire (residential), and 45-story Four Seasons Hotel & Residence, as under-construction. The 51-story 1401 Lawrence (residential) is scheduled to join that list and begin construction by December of this year.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlanIt View Post
Looks like the rumors are true. Check it. From livedowntowndenver.com/blog

According to the February 20th edition of the Colorado Real Estate Journal (CREJ), “Two Tabor” - the long awaited second building at the Tabor Center - still has a green light to commence construction. Bill Tresham, Partner and COO, with Callahan Capital Partners out of Chicago wrote the article titled “CBD office: all the right stuff“. I last wrote about this project in my August 2007 post.

Since that post and the Rocky Mountain News Article a few things have changed. First of all, the project’s name is officially now “Two Tabor”, up until now I referred to as Tabor II. Additionally, the Class AA tower will now be 43 stories tall (previously it was listed on Callahan’s website as 38) and have a total of 837,000 sf of leasable space. Denver Infill has also blogged about this project, most recently in Ken’s January 9th posting. I expect the renderings he pulled from Callahan’s website to be pretty close to what is built given the timeframe outlined in the CREJ article.

According to this article construction should begin soon and 2010 is the targeted completion date. As was mentioned in my previous post the foundation was poured 20 years ago which will allow this project to show visible vertical progress almost from day one. While it was expected that this project was a go, it was great to read that it was moving forward after no official word for almost six months. I am even more excited than I was in August because it appears that the tower is still going to be designed by Kohn Pederson Fox (KPF) and is even taller than before!

I really hope this rejuvenates this part of Downtown - especially the ground floor retail along the 16th Street Mall - which besides the Cheesecake Factory has struggled in recent months. I am not sure if the internal retail space on the second and third floors will really benefit or not since they have never recovered from the massive renovation that took place a few years ago.

I remember when the Tabor Center Food Court was voted the best in all of Downtown and was mobbed every lunch hour. I also remember the fountains, glass elevators and atrium space that was really beautiful as well. It is amazing to think that at one time the Tabor Center had both Brooks Brothers and the Sharper Image as tenants including a great independent toy store. Well that was the past and Two Tabor represents the future. I really look forward to this project joining SPIRE, Four Seasons and 1401 Lawrence in transforming Downtown Denver’s skyline.
-Two Tabor Center:
Tabor I was built in the late 1980's and the foundation for "Two Tabor Center" was also poured. Now, finally a building is going to be built on that foundation! This project has been increased from 38-stories (514' tall) to 43-stories (~612' tall) and seems to be a green light for starting sometime in 2008. ***Visit This Projects Website, Click Here!***
BUILDING FACTS:
Class: “AA”
Building Size: up to 837,000 SF
Typical Floor Plate: 20,000
No. of Floors: 43 stories - ~612' tall
Completion Date: 2010 (2008 Start Date)
Architect: Kohn Pedersen Fox Associates
Parking: 1/1000
LEED Certified