View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2017, 1:53 PM
Closed account

Quote:
Originally Posted by marothisu View Post
They are in Midtown East and Hell's Kitchen - not Midtown proper that most forumers on here are going to be thinking of. "Midtown Proper" is basically a bunch of high rises. Midtown is a very broad term in reality. It's like saying "downtown Chicago" and then including the area north of Division Street. Yeah it counts to some but it's not what most people think of as "downtown" just like most people not from NYC don't think of 52nd & 2nd as "Midtown" even though it technically is.
Off topic, but I don't agree with this. Midtown is pretty much agreed upon on the North (59th) East (River) and West (Hudson), I can see some debate about it's south boundary, but that is it.

Murray Hill is Midtown, Hell's Kitchen is Midtown. A large portion of the East Side is brown stones/row homes, and low/mid rise buildings. Midtown is much more than Times Square/Rock Center/Herald Square, and I assume even Chicago Forumers are aware of that.

I also don't see many similarities between River North and Midtown. I've given up hope on any low rise pre war building in River North, they all have a date with the wrecking ball. I just wish we could get something good in their place, though I've also given up all hope of getting anything other than a lame glass box or an ugly precast tower. Oh Well...