View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 7, 2007, 8:30 PM

West Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by staraman View Post
If anyone has a URL to post the pics... I have plenty from West Ocean units.

The issue of some buyers is with the square footage that was originally advertised.... you may not want to sign the addedum the developer sent regarding square footage.
I love to see the West Ocean unit pictures but I don't have an URL and I really don't know how to post pictures. So the issue is the square footage. I noticed a while back that the square footage in the West Ocean brochure was different than those in their web site. The sales representatives told me the one in the web site is inner wall to inner wall while the one in the brochure is outer wall. The difference is about 100 sq. ft. The discrepancies are common in the condo market. The Roosevelt unit (advertised to be 913 sqt) that I reserved in Downtown LA was off by 163 sqf. The unit that I bought in Aqua was supposed to be 1115 sqt in the brochure and the sales people told me that it includes the balcony. The appraisal comes out to be 1080 sqt but according to the LA country assessor's data, the recorded living area is 1020 sqt. I finally did my own measurements and it comes out to be very close to 1020 sqt. When you add the balcony, the it totals to 1200 sqt. I think the most accurate data is the one recorded in the county. Dispute over square footage come up all the time. In 1100 Wilshire of Downtown LA, some homeowners even filed a lawsuit against the developer.