View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 23, 2008, 6:34 PM

I appreciate the props... thanks for the positive comments about the future render.

I realized that since I "built" so many images for all the projects underway along the Toronto waterfront... I had done much of the work needed for what might be the ultimate future rendering... specifically, one that could be actually be viewed in a decade from now, without the benefit of a helicopter.

Those who know Toronto may be familiar with the views looking north to the city from Cherry Beach (located southeast of downtown). My pooch and I visit doggy beach there a few times a week and I often photograph the evolving skyline from this POV.

There are hundreds of photographs taken from the (former?) Docks nightclub and as just as many from Wards Island but very few from the Cherry Beach area, which is right between those 2 vantage points because the water's edge is fenced off... you'd have to be in a boat near the eastern gap or climb a fence for a clear, unobstructed view.

What you see to the west is basically a compressed version of the future render I posted... everything from WaterPark City and Cityplace to the central waterfront... PLUS... you see the skyline from the lake to Bloor Street and beyond.

So a future a render from this POV would offer up most of what you see in this render + the tallest marquee projects underway in the city... Trump, Bay Adelaide completed, Aura, 4 Seasons and 1 Bloor East + substantial projects like Murano/Burano, Uptown, Casa, X, Pure/Clear Spirits and eventually the towers of the East Bayfront.

If you climbed a tree or stood on the deck of the defunct Tor/Rochester ferry you would see all the way to Quantum at Yonge and Eglinton.

All this to say... I've started a render from this "ultimate" POV because a) half the elements are already built and b) it isn't a fantasy render at all... 90% of it will be projects underway and the result be "viewable" in some fashion from an existing vantage point.

Stay tuned.