View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 6, 2013, 12:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chadillaccc View Post
Shit. What a weasel.
Quote:
Originally Posted by rrskylar View Post
After all the time and money invested on and around the River Landing site the city of Saskatoon deserves better. When Nasser's time limit to build expires the parcel of land needs to be sectioned off and sold to legitimate builders one project at a time.
Unless you have a couple hundred million of your own money to risk on constructing a project without a confirmed return on your investment, then I'd temper my criticism of Nasser's pragmatic approach to this development. While I doubt that it will be allowed to simply sit as a parking lot for 20 years, I'd also be very surprised if the City takes any quick action that may discourage the proposed River Landing development. If Nassers & their investors need more time to secure tenants, then I'd expect the City to grant them the time.

Remember that this is Atchison's legacy project. I'm sure he's not wanting to start from scratch with another developer (again). After all, a man can only keep getting re-elected for so long. Whereas a woman (Mayor Hazel McCallion of Mississauga) can apparently be elected at least 12 times.