View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2007, 1:16 AM
World Traveler

Quote:
Originally Posted by N2I.F. View Post
It's my understanding that Gov. Otter made a pledge to put a f/t "liason" for the east side of the state as well as the panhandle. I've talked with the man who is relocating to Idaho Falls, from Sacramento, to fill that position in Idaho Falls. Regardless of what one thinks about Gov. Otter, to the best of my knowledge, this is the first time the Panhandle and eastern ID have been recognized this officially from a Gov. Maybe he doesn't want the state to sub-divide into 3 smaller ones.

I see all of this news as very good for Idaho Falls, which some say will be the dominant city in eastern ID.
The offices were proposed by former Governor Risch last summer during his short term in office. I figured that someone might want to know where the IF office is located/going to be located so I went to the Governor's homepage and found the press release announcing the opening of the Cd'A office last June. I couldn't find any information on the Idaho Falls office except for a brief mention in the press release stating that the IF office would be opened "in the near future."
http://gov.idaho.gov/mediacenter/pre...06/pr_060.html
When Governor Otter submitted his budget proposal to the legislature a few months ago, he included money to be appropriated for each of the branch offices.

I love the Boise area, but it's good to see that other areas of the state (still where over 60% of the state's population resides...) are not ignored. Although I'm usually not on the same page as Gov. Otter on many issues, I used to intern for him when he was in Congress and I know that although he is from the Boise area he is intelligent enough to court and build his constituency in the rest of the state, especially in Eastern Idaho where he has polled poorly in the past...
Spokane, WA-Cd'A, ID CSA....785,302

Last edited by jimthemanincda; Apr 11, 2007 at 1:22 AM.