View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 11, 2017, 12:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
I like it a lot. I've never experienced this taste before. The aftertaste is the best part. It is a bit grassy, or was at first. But I've enjoyed it.
I'm struggling with whether or not I like it. It has a great malt backbone, and it screams Yellowbelly in flavor. But the lemon-y hops aren't really going so well with the dominant biscuit-y malt flavor. One sip it tastes pretty good, and the next sip I want to dump it down the sink. Really can't decide how I feel.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
Dirty Old Town is fun. It doesn't have as many layers as that Yellowbelly, but it's still good - at least as far removed from local macros like India and Blackhorse as, say, Smoke's is from homefries and tin gravy.

I kinda don't want to like Halifax beer as much as I do. But, there it is.
Dirty 'ol Town is pretty good, I have two more left in the fridge. Halifax is the beer capital of Atlantic Canada, for sure. Garrison is good, but I hear it doesn't even compare to some other microbreweries in the city like Good Robot. I haven't been to Halifax since the craft beer craze hit, last time I was there Keith's was pretty much the only local beer you could get.