View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 22, 2012, 3:31 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbt View Post
When they touched up the exterior of the existing building I thought for sure it was 30 years away. I look forward to excavation.

It's not imminent, but this article from Wednesday makes it seem like it will be sooner rather than later:

Quote:
Rumours surface of new giant skyscraper in Toronto

Oxford Properties Group hasn’t even filled up the tower it’s already building in Toronto’s downtown core but talk is turning to whether the real estate company is planning another giant skyscraper.

The Financial Post has learned that the Toronto-based company gave termination notices this month to tenants at 100 Adelaide West in the financial core — a decision that gives Oxford flexibility if it decides it wants to move ahead with the building.

The proposed 900,000 square foot building has been on and off again since 1998. But with vacancy rates in the 5% range, and the downtown core now teaming with residential towers and workers who have no interest in the suburbs, industry speculation is rife that Oxford is about to pull the trigger.

“Nothing is imminent,” said Blake Hutcheson, chief executive of Oxford, which is a subsidiary of the Ontario Municipal Employee Retirement System. “The short answer is I would love to build it but I don’t know when we will.”