View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 1, 2007, 5:44 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr.x2 View Post
I was thinking, on the underbelly/ass/crotch (whatever you wanna call it) of the residential stilted component, they could have some sort of murial or have a giant LED screen flashing images:

For comparisson's sake, the Sutton Place Hotel is 232 feet tall.

btw, thanks for posting this rag.
Which is about the same size as the hotel and office portions as far as I can tell.

Anyways, I think to have the stilts meet the residential they should make them align with the sides of the residential tower up until they have to turn in (rounding the corners of course) giving them more of a triangle shaped cross section than what appears to be an oval right now.

Also, I know I've always been a fan of increasing the height of buildings in Vancouver... hell, i've said we should tear down the marine building and Teresen in the name of height and density... but I think we can all agree here that now that there is a possible way to defeat the view cones, why not finally reach for the sky? This building is right in the middle of the city, and on some fairly high-up ground... why not make it the current peak of Vancouver? I'd love to see something over 700-800 feet.

Again, I say we should lobby to help get this building through the UDP and inspire change in both architectural quality and the general opinion of height in our city. In doing so I think we should also lobby the city to allow this thing to go damn near as high as the developers are willing to make it go (within reasonable boundaries).