View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 20, 2008, 4:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by honte View Post
Meh, if you paddle the Calumet, then I'll be impressed.

Very cool Steely. If I might hijack your thread for a second... that round building you photographed (it's at North Park University). I used to go past there and think, "Oh, strange little Goldberg rip-off building." But then, I found a reference to the fact that Goldberg actually had done some work for North Park... not sure if it was built. So, the question is, could this acutally be the Goldberg or some bastardized version of it?

I never had a chance to look into it further. If anyone wants to do some digging or knows the answer, please PM me or let me know you replied here!
I used to own north park! haha
That cylinder building is Anderson Hall, an all girls freshman/sophomore hall. I spent more time in there than any other building on campus. Didn't look into the architecture much, though... just complained about how terrible it is inside. It's a nice idea, but the rooms are SMALL

Steely, I simply can't believe you made it from downtown all the way past north park. I've gone over the little pedestrian bridge so many times, and even though I know in my head it is the mighty chicago river I'm crossing, I never really think about the fact that it is connected. You performed a mighty feat. I'm doing it, too, someday!