View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 5, 2012, 6:23 PM
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
There were a few details about this tonight in an ANS article about the NSLC.

The article made it sound as though the HRM by Design application has been filed and as though construction could still start in the summer. I wonder when we will see new renderings?
For the average development in Halifax, how early are renderings usually produced before construction? I get the sense that this window of time between the two has shrunk, in part due to shipbuilding and in part due to HRMbyDesign, possibly. As long as the developments are short enough, I'm under the impression many wouldn't care about renderings at all.

I also need to admit there is a small part of me that is hoping some of these proposals, certainly The Sister Sites, fight for more height considering the city's political environment at present. The Sister Sites may be a poor example since these potential buildings are far enough along in their stages of planning; that aside, it'd be nice if these future buildings could be treated the same as those along South Park Street. They will be shorter because of view planes, not out of concern for Spring Garden Road from which they are setback.

It would do wonders for the optics of Spring Garden, as wonders would be done for feeding retail with more consumers, if the coming height of residential would be consistent with what we see with Spring Garden Place/Universal Properties in between Brenton Street and Dresden Row...

http://maps.google.com/maps?q=halifa...6.99,,0,-10.74