View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 28, 2009, 9:23 PM
hähnchenbrüstfiletstüc

Quote:
Originally Posted by thurmas View Post
boy this is sad just my view from winnipeg here but boy is halifax ever getting beat by moncton. Halifax is what more than double the size of moncton yet can't even keep their tiny cis stadium up to code. Halifax deserves cfl football and a new stadium yet your politicians don't seem to give a s*&# about it, how sad.
To be honest, if Halifax is going to lose out then arena rock and pork-barrel pro sports are pretty good areas to pick.

The stadium doesn't belong to the city, it belongs to St. Mary's University; eventually SMU will pay to fix it. Right now they, along with Dalhousie, where people barely care about sports at all (coincidentally, also the best university in the region), are busy building actual academic buildings.

I would like Halifax to have a little more direction but I'm not sure a stadium is the best thing to be championing right now, at least when the debate is still built around the idea of the government putting up millions and then begging the CFL to come. As for Moncton, they can try it, but it's a bit rich for a city of that size and even if it happens it will still be a stadium in Moncton.